S.2747 Freedom to Cheat Act
The Freedom to Vote bill is as much of a fraud as the HR.1 and HR.4 acts and should be named the Freedom to Cheat act.
- S.2747 is the latest version of HR.2 and S.1. This new “Freedom to Cheat” bill is the same in almost all ways except the name.
- S.2747 is the latest attempt by Democrats to federalize our elections and take constitutional control over elections from the states, allowing federal politicians and bureaucrats to control all elections.
- In direct defiance of the First Amendment, this bill exposes the name of donors of conservative organizations to the cancel culture mob.
- S.2747 funds career politicians’ reelection campaigns with taxpayer dollars.
- This bill would further deter free expression by forcing groups that sponsor ads that promote, attack, support, or oppose a candidate or government official to file burdensome reports with the FEC.
- The Freedom to Cheat Act limits the capacity for states to ensure the accuracy of their own voter rolls.
Differences between S.2747 and HR.1
- Drops partisan restructuring of the FEC.
- Sets a national voter identification standard.
- Doesn’t call for a constitutional amendment overturning Citizens United.
- Require states to allow at minimum 15 consecutive days of early voting, including two weekends.
- Requires same-day voter registration and online voter registration.
- Ensure that all voters can request to vote by mail.
- Establish new automatic voter registration programs.
- Make Election Day a National Holiday.
- Mandates that states follow specific criteria when drawing new congressional districts.
- Still Includes the Disclose Act.
- Still Includes Honest Ads Act.
- 6 to 1 matching contribution for small-dollar donors.
- Grants individuals convicted of a criminal offense the right to vote so long as they are not serving time for a felony conviction at the time of the election.
- Establishes a duty to report foreign election interference.
- Prohibits voter caging.
- Restricts voter roll maintenance.